Thursday 4 April 2013

A little ramble about Fashion:)


Young people these days have so much to face mainly because of the media. The stress of exams, having a new fancy phone or the latest clothes just to name a few! It’s hard but just remember that happiness is the most important thing of all. There is a recession on at the minute so be grateful for everything you own. It’s lovely to be on trend but Macklemore has taught us something from his catchy song to ‘thrift’. Thrift is quite an American word, but it basically means pre-owned. Now I’m not saying everything is always good pre owned but in charity shops you can sometimes pick out really nice things! I love have a looking in the local Oxfam in Galway! Have a look and as well as gaining a bargain your supporting a charity. I really like old earrings the clip on ones they would nearly break your ear but some of they are just so beautiful. I worked in two charity shops and most clothes are steamed before they hit the shelves but just pop it in the wash when you do your next wash.
And if you’re a student buying clothes always ask for that student discount everywhere you go! Save a few cent or pennies! I love shopping and sometimes I have to avoid Pennys (Primark in England) in order to save money. I have a habit of buying stuff I’ll never wear. Always try on clothes it can be a pain but it’s worth it in the end trust me. If you want to look your ‘best’ look up fashion magazines, fashion bloggers or Images on Google find something you like and develop your own style.  And don’t worry, we all make mistakes (velour tracksuits aren’t for anyone!!)
Personally I think your hair is your best accessory. Don’t be afraid to play around with your hair although if your 90 and want a Mohawk think of your grandkids please haha! And make sure your parents don’t mind you experimenting with your hair.  I can’t wait for summer if I can call it that! Really want to Re-Ombre my hair and put a pastel colour in it! I love dying my hair; I think my parents don’t notice anymore the amount of times I have come out of the bathroom with different hair colours! Be careful though you can damage your hair! Also if you’re dying your hair think of the maintenance you will have!
I always wanted to design as a child or style people. Being a student I don’t have the funds for the latest trends so leggings and hoodies are normally my style haha!
Thanks for reading petals J
Love Rose
x

No comments:

Post a Comment